<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15932754\x26blogName\x3db-site\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thebsite.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3dpt_PT\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thebsite.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4232449209465221699', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

domingo, agosto 19, 2007

Dardos

Richie Unterberger: With the music that you're making now, are there any directions that you're eager to stake out?

Robert Wyatt: No, I'm still trying to do the same thing, only get it right! (laughs) The appearance of variety is a complete illusion. It's like somebody who's got a dartboard in his room, a large dartboard, and there's darts all over it. And you think, wow, you've got a lot of different directions you throw your darts. And you say, well yeah, but all I was trying to do was hit the board. That's all I've ever tried to do.

«My real feeling of lack of freedom comes from the fact that I have to be anything at all, specific...I get nearer and nearer towards happiness, or a feeling of being relaxed and free when I can lose myself in my environment. I mean, I get lost in listening to other people's music, or just hanging around Notting Hill Carnival, you forget who you are. That's one of the pleasures of it. But, in a simple way, if you get into a warm bath, where the temperature of your own blood matches that of the water around you, you sort of get that lovely feeling, of just sort of melting into the world. And that's really what I aspire towards - in the sense that it's the opposite - of those nations of artists, finding their own individualism, and kind of standing against the world: to me that's the ultimate nightmare. I want to get lost and diffused in the world, and that's my idea of freedom and happiness.»